Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I see London...


Skate Canada announced on September 22nd that London, Ontario will be hosting the 2010 Canadian National Figure Skating Championships. The event will take place on January 13 and last through the 17th at the John Labatt Centre. The last time that the city hosted the competition was back in 2005, where Jeffrey Buttle and Joannie Rochette captured their first national titles.

This will be the last nationals before Canada's best and brightest trade coasts and head to Vancouver for the Olympics. If you can go, I'd definitely suggest it, as it's a preview of what's to come...I'm American, but I'm thinking of crossing the border to see it, considering that it's much, much closer to me than Spokane (although, as Jeff Buttle will probably not be in it, I'm not so sure...). It's also the hometown of this little dance team that you probably haven't heard of...Virtue and Moir, anyone?

No comments: