Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sasha on Ice


As some of you may have heard, Sasha Cohen is heading up the 2008-09 Stars on Ice US tour (SOI website here). There's been lots of talk in the skating world recently about Sasha coming back to skate for the 2010 Olympics--she's been quoted as saying that she's really training for them, although she'll be skipping 2009 Worlds in LA (not I good idea in my opinion, since that means that the Olympics could be her first major international competition in four years). However, what has me a bit concerned is that she's going to need all of the time that she can get to get back the jumps that she hasn't been doing (not to mention the fact that she's never really had a consistant triple triple). I like Sasha, but she's got me a bit worried.

Anyway, if you're interested in the tour, IceNetwork has the complete list of everyone in it (the cast hasn't changed that much from last year). I was hoping that Jeffrey Buttle would chose to do the US tour, but it seems like that isn't going to happen =[ For those of you who won't be able to catch the show, the Lake Placid version will be broadcast on NBC on January 4th.

No comments: