Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Midterms Week Roundup

I know that tons of interesting things are happening in the skating world...but I'm in the middle of midterms week.

Sooo...I'm going to do a quick roundup:

-->Naomi Nari Nam retiring: I'll miss her so much! She was such an amazing singles skater (those spins!), and I'd hoped to see more of her in pairs
-->GOLD MEDAL SWEEP IN AFRICA!!!!: The Hubbells (LOVE THEM), Alexe Gilles, and Richard Dornbush ALL WIN at the coolest looking ice rink I've ever seen. Piper Gilles (that family has really cool names) and Zach Donohue also medaled in ice dance, Amanda Dobbes in the freeskate
-->Kerrs win in Finland: I don't know enough about them to have an opinion, but I did like their alien costumes last year
-->Yet Another Change to the ISJ: Why does the ISU have to be so sketchy about all of this stuff?

I'll be back sometime next week, right in time for the start of Skate America!!!!

No comments: